Sunday, November 30, 2008

I feel gross

I know most people feel stuffed and practically comatose after Thanksgiving dinner. It's a disgusting tradition we all must take part in. But going to the in-laws for me means day after day of gorging myself on some seriously heavy food. I try to eat fruit, maybe even a raw vegetable here and there, but it's hard when you're staying with a meat and potatoes kind of family. Why then, was I remotely intrigued when I smelled french fries cooking the the airport? You have to understand, the last time I remember even being in a fast food "restaurant" was about 4 years ago. I'm a vegetarian, a foodie, and I believe that fast food chains are responsible for the world's hunger problems, as well as the obesity epidemic. And still, we went in. I asked if they had some sort of vegie burger, and the cashier nodded yes. Cristina commented that things are changing, even in the fast food world. I ordered that, and Cristina got a meaty burger and fries and soda to share.


When I opened my "burger" and showed her, Cristina stared to laugh hysterically. Four lettuce leaves wrapped around pickles, onion, lettuce and cheese. Ugh, what a disappointment. Do people really eat this? I didn't. It was too sad, too pathetic. This is not food.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

I am so glad you got a picture of that, it's even worse than it sounds! We had an entirely vegan Thanksgiving and were still stuffed for the rest of the night.