Wednesday, April 9, 2008

all in a day's work

The twins are 10 months old, and so darn cute.



We call her Feather-head for a reason.



I had an amazing conversation with Allison today, the kind that sticks in your mind forever. If you don't already know, Alli is 4 and I've been taking care of her since she was 3 months old. Last October she was the flower girl in my (gay) wedding.
A: Is Cristina your husband?
J: No, she's my wife.
A(confused): Are you the husband?
J: No, I'm the wife too. Cristina and I are both ladies, so we are both called a wife. A husband is what you call a man who is married.
A: Mommy is a lady so she's the wife? And Daddy is the husband?
J: Yes, in your family there is a wife and a husband. But sometimes ladies fall in love with ladies and men fall in love with men.
A: Sleeping Beauty is a wife, and Prince Phillip is her husband. (she speaks Disney!)
J: That's true.
A: But it could have been Prince Charming and Prince Phillip?
J: Yep, it could have been...

No comments: