Tuesday, August 18, 2009

a proper vacation

I get time off over the summer. Not quite like a teacher does, but I am lucky enough to have a few weeks plus some long weekends without the kids. Mostly I spend the time on ciuccio and catching up on errands and housework, so while it is so nice to sleep in and I'm lucky, really I am, I don't always come back to work feeling like I really got away. This year marks the fifth year I've been taking care of the girls, and their parents got me a really extravagant gift. My wife and I got a weekend in a Bed and Breakfast up near Guerneville which includes a picnic basket full of delicious foods and a dinner in a gourmet vegetarian restaurant. My plans include finishing that book I started in the beginning of July, napping at least once and finding boredom. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: