Thursday, August 13, 2009

in my belly

I haven't done a lot of cooking this week. Last night I took Cristina out for her birthday. We ate at Spork, which we'd been to once before. Delicious both times. It was a warm night, rare in San Francisco, and we walked down there-about a 15 minute walk. Somewhere near 20th Street were a few large trees in bloom sending off a fantastic fragrance. We ordered a salad to share and two glasses of prosecco. Umm, breaded and fried goat cheese is possibly the most fantastic food. And when you add figs and some sort of sweet sauce drizzled over the whole thing you get a starter that you never want to have end. My stuffed zucchini with farro and mushrooms was shockingly good, and Cristina's inside-out burger was apparently perfection.


The girls and I snacked on frozen blueberries this afternoon. It was a favorite of mine as a kid, but I only ever ate it at one friend's house. Her parents always bought loads of blueberries and we would pour a little milk over them in a bowl. The frozen berries made the milk icy and it was a great summer snack.

No comments: