Tuesday, October 20, 2009

they're called ultimate for a reason

My dad came into town for dinner tonight. He was on his way to pick up a friend at the airport. Knowing this, I did a little pre-planning over the weekend so I could get dinner on the table quickly. Lentil soup (his favorite) is quick when you have already made stock. Buttermilk biscuits take only moments to mix and not long to bake.


I also made up a batch of Ina's Ultimate Ginger Cookies and put the dough in the fridge last night. It's hard to pick a favorite cookie of all time. But I think for me, these are it. Follow the directions and bake for exactly 13 minutes, you want them to be chewy.



1 comment:

Bonnie Story said...

So glad you pointed these ginger cookies out. I made them, and they *brought the house down* last weekend at a dinner we had here. My husband really loves them and says we should have them "all the time." So, I do think these are the ultimate ginger cookies, really. They also have a mild pleasant effect of opening up one's sinuses a bit. Great texture.