Sunday, October 25, 2009

can't stop painting

I don't really like painting. But I love how much the color on the wall can affect the entire way a room feels. And I like that for under $100 and in a day or two, you can make that happen.

The new mantle in the dining room. Benjamin Moore "burnt caramel". Go for the good stuff and buy Aura, it's low VOC and top of the line which means even a saturated color like this goes on in two coats.


The rest of the walls in the dining room are now light gray (cape hatteras sand) with two of the frames painted out in "shenandoah taupe". Please excuse the boring picture, but we haven't decided where to re-hang the art.

Also new this week, bedding from Garnet Hill. I've been eyeing this duvet cover for several months and when it finally went on sale, I snatched it up. Been thinking about painting an orange rectangle over the bed to frame out the art (maybe new art too?) I already bought a gallon of a lighter shade orange than the dining room but didn't end up using it. Thoughts?

No comments: