Monday, February 25, 2008

big soup


Cristina was home sick today, so I made a pot of Minestrone ("big soup" in Italian) for dinner. Since she can't stay home all week, I also made a pot of Lemon Ginger Honey tea and packed up leftovers for her lunch tomorrow. She's completely spoiled, I know.
Making the tea for yourself or someone sick is simple. You'll need 1 lemon, (I used a Meyer since they are available right now) a chunk of ginger the size of your thumb, and a hearty spoonful of honey. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze into a small saucepan. I usually throw in the empty shells as well. Slice the ginger into very thin coins, or grate for even more flavor. Place in the pan. Add 4 c cold water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 15 min. Take off the heat and add honey. You may need a sieve to pour tea into mugs.

No comments: