Thursday, July 15, 2010

summer food and banana bread

I glanced down at the counter last night while preparing dinner and was so pleased. Tomato season is so very close (you could argue that it's here) and stone fruit is in full swing. I've been eating yogurt with granola and a peach or nectarine every morning and they have been amazing, juicing down my arm as I slice them. I cooked up a quick pasta with summer squash and tomatoes plus major amounts of basil for dinner-a staple around here. That banana bread you see in the background? I'm going to share the recipe. It's by far the best banana bread recipe I've ever used. I'm not kidding. It might be the amount of banana (3-4) which is more than I usually use or it could be the dash of bourbon. Okay, we all the know that's it's the alcohol which deepens the flavor, and I think the extra liquid makes the whole thing more moist. Rather than type out the recipe, I'm sending you right to the source (well not exactly the source since she got the recipe from someone who got it from someone else) because you really should know about this blog. It's gorgeous and totally inspiring.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please do share that Banana bread recipe - it was amazing in Costanoa!

this humble abode said...

Just click on the sentence "It's gorgeous..." and that'll take you to the recipe.

natalie said...

Ohhhh. This is what I am talking about. I can smell the basil by just looking at it....