Tuesday, March 16, 2010

decals

Do you ever catch yourself getting involved in a project you know you're going to regret? Every time I decide to paint something, I trick myself into thinking it's going to be a breeze and then hours later I'm wondering what's wrong with me that I can't ever remember that painting is laborious and never fun. Last year I helped my boss redecorate the twins bedroom. They moved out of their cribs and bringing in 2 twin-sized beds meant a serious re-do. She found a really cute decal on Etsy and I agreed to help her put it up. Easier said than done - but with the two of us working, we managed. Then, months later when I was rethinking our bedroom decor I decided to order some decals. I knew full well that the more intricate the design, the harder to apply. So why not go with that super swirly design that is 10 separate pieces? Fool! What I didn't know was that our wall was going to pretty much reject the adhesive. It took several hours and many curse words to get it up. Thankfully it looks amazing, so I fear that some months down the road I'm going to convince myself that I should buy decals as part of a redesign.



I should mention that the second photo wasn't taken by me, but the clearly talented Jess Watson.

No comments: