Thursday, September 1, 2011

decompressing

After a summer that erred on the side of too crazy and too busy I have had 2 whole days in a row to sew and cook and then sew more. Lots of big things are happening (like leaving my job after 7 years) that have left me feeling overwhelmed both with excitement and anxiety. I have a few weeks to fill my largest ever (by a lot!) order but I was pulled into the kitchen this afternoon by a real need to cook. It's a place where I feel comfortable and calm. Thankfully we are smack in the middle of tomato season here so pasta with heirloom tomatoes and basil was an obvious dinner. I also made a zucchini and chickpea salad with harissa yogurt dressing that I want to experiment a bit more with before sharing the recipe. I realize I have neglected you all in the last few months and I am sincerely planning to be back here more often with recipes and photos to share. I'll also let you in on what's happening to me on the job front, but frankly I am too tired for it right now.


No comments: