Monday, April 11, 2011

walking

I know I'm not alone when I say that I hate exercise. Mine seems to be a particularly long-term dislike. A year or so ago I was digging through some old papers and I came across most of the report cards from my childhood. I went to the kind of alternative school where we received lots of smiley faces and teachers really tried see each of our strengths, even when they were few and far between. This being said, it was hilarious to read what they had to say about me around age 3. It was pretty much an exact description of me now as a 31 year old-plays well with others, generous, strong maternal instinct etc. Also in writing is that I am not a morning person, it takes me awhile to warm up to the day and in generous terms it was said that I have "low vitality." Said 31 year old body is in need of a little care so I'm trying to figure out a way to get exercise that I don't loathe. Apparently walking is one of the best ways with a high success rate, so that I where I'm starting. Yesterday we took a really nice walk (don't call it a hike or I'm out) in the Berkeley Hills. Beautiful views were a definite bonus.





No comments: