Monday, March 21, 2011

from class

I recently took a five week photography course dedicated to developing a personal style. I don't know that I have exactly figured my own out, but I did like the direction that our assignments took me. I thought I would share with you the images that I chose to print for our final class. As you will see, I've chosen to examine my subjects as beautiful parts rather than seeing them in entirety or in the classic portrait style. These images are taken spontaneously, capturing the subjects as they are rather than forcing poses on them. The anonymous quality of the children allow you to put yourself in the image, remembering your own care-free childhood. Some of these images you may have seen, other were taken specifically for the class. I'm excited about having a focus for future photo shoots, some classmates suggested ways to add to the series. So, here goes.










No comments: